Saturday, November 26, 2011

Achy Breaky Heart

My heart was really achy today when I figured out that the obnoxious 8 year old boy who has been bothering me by grabbing my skin, pulling on me, yelling my name (all the time)…that though he is unrelated to the 37 SOG girls, he was brought here at the same time they were rescued.


Wow, what must that feel like to just be ‘thrown into’ an orphanage and be the only boy and no one really knows you? No wonder he was being obnoxious. Thank God he was, and not huddled in some corner in a fetal position. God, forgive me for not noticing anything other than that he was a bother. Here I am to love orphans and I wasn’t really paying him the attention he is so desperate for.



Because this is a girl’s orphanage, he will have to be moved again and I’m told they will probably take him to the place where the 9 boys who were rescued from SOG were taken. That is a work-camp type of setting where the director stated, ‘emotion is not allowed.’ I can’t picture this hungry for attention child of God doing well amongst 200 other boys, being a nameless faceless entity in a sea of abandoned children. Will you pray for Ericsson Louis please? I know God has better plans for him than what he’s experienced so far.


I’ve prayed that Bob Pierce prayer about ‘God break my heart with the things that break your heart,and I’m pretty positive the history of this young boy is reason enough for another ‘Jesus wept’ incident. So God, please hear my prayer and just as these girls have been rescued, rescue this one too. Please intervene or show us how one of us is to intervene and bring hope and transformation into this chosen child’s future.


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment